Topics in Empirical Analysis and Economic Modeling Related to COVID-19
Brazilian School of Economics
October - December 2020
Rubens Penha Cysne and Alexandre Madureira
About: Promoted by the Brazilian School of Economics, this series of lectures has the economic modeling of COVID-19 as a central subject. The diversity of topics considered in the presentations reflects the broad spectrum of current research being pursued by scholars around the world. Each speaker will deliver a lecture based on their own work.
When: On Thurdays, starting on October 8th and ending on December 17th.
Roll of speakers (and related literature):
- Tayfun Sonmez (Boston College), October 08 (video, slides).
- Luiz Brotherhood (Universitat de Barcelona), October 29 (video, slides).
- Marcelo Medeiros (PUC-Rio), November 05 (video, slides).
- Naercio Menezes-Filho (INSPER, USP), November 12 (video, slides).
- Eduardo Campos (EPGE-FGV, ENCE)/Rubens Penha Cysne (EPGE-FGV), November 19 (video, slides).
- Rubens Penha Cysne (EPGE-FGV)/Alexandre Madureira (EPGE-FGV, LNCC), November 26 (video, slides).
- Alp Simsek (MIT), December 03 (video).