Topics in Empirical Analysis and Economic Modeling Related to COVID-19
Brazilian School of Economics
October - December 2020
Rubens Penha Cysne and Alexandre Madureira
About: Promoted by the Brazilian School of Economics, this series of lectures has the economic modeling of COVID-19 as a central subject. The diversity of topics considered in the presentations reflects the broad spectrum of current research being pursued by scholars around the world. Each speaker will deliver a lecture based on their own work.
When: On Thurdays, starting on October 8th and ending on December 17th.
Roll of speakers (and related literature):
- Tayfun Sonmez (Boston College), October 08 (video, slides).
- Cézar Santos (EGPE-FGV), October 22(video).
- Luiz Brotherhood (Universitat de Barcelona), October 29.
- Marcelo Medeiros (PUC-Rio), November 05.
- Naercio Menezes-Filho (INSPER, USP), November 12.
- Rubens Penha Cysne/Eduardo Campos (EPGE-FGV, ENCE), November 19.
- Rubens Penha Cysne/Alexandre Madureira (EPGE-FGV, LNCC), November 26.
- A multigenerational SIR model: some estimates for Brazil.
- Alp Simsek (MIT), December 03.
- Flavio Toxvaerd (Cambridge), December 17: TBA.